All-Party Parliamentary China Group
Revision as of 21:55, 11 April 2012 by Melissa Jones
The purpose of the All-Party Parliamentary China Group is:
- to conduct a dialogue with the People's Republic of China (including Hong Kong) and to assist in all aspects of the bilateral relationship. In particular, to facilitate exchanges with the National People's Congress and engage regularly with the Chinese ambassador in London as well as with members of the wider Chinese community in the UK.
- Mark Hendrick - Chair
- Nigel Dodds - Vice-Chair
- Madeleine Moon - Vice-Chair
- David T. C. Davies - Vice-Chair
- Lord Clement-Jones - Vice-Chair
- Emma Reynolds - Treasurer
- Lord Cotter - Secretary
BENEFITS RECEIVED BY GROUP FROM SOURCES OUTSIDE PARLIAMENT
- From 19-26 February 2011 some members of the group visited Hong Kong. All costs were met by the Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office (registered March 2011).
- £10,000 from GKN plc, and £5000 from City of London (registered April 2011). £5000 from London Export Corporation Ltd and £10,000 from John Swire & Sons (registered May 2011). £10,000 from GlaxoSmithKline (registered July 2011). £10,000 from Astra Zeneca (registered July 2011).
- The group’s chairman visited China from 29 July to 26 August 2011, assisted by the following: London South Bank University covered the cost of return flights from London to Beijing; Huawei covered the cost of two football tickets and hospitality for the Italian Super Cup final at the Beijing Birds Nest Stadium on 6 August 2011; Confucius Institutes Headquarters (Hanban) covered costs for accommodation, Chinese language training including a Chinese language course, and general expenses from 29 July to 26 August 2011. £5000 from Arup. £5000 from University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (Registered September 2011). £10,000 from HSBC (registered October 2011). £5000 from University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (Registered November 2011). Free upgrades on flights were provided (at a cost of approximately £13,040) by Virgin Atlantic when members of the group visited China from 16-23 December 2011 (registered January 2012). 
Mr Mark Hendrick MP, House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA. Tel: 020 7219 4791
- House of Commons, REGISTER OF ALL-PARTY GROUPS, as of 9 February 2012