User talk:Melissa Jones
That was indeed a typo. I have amended it:
On 18 March 2006, Akri spoke at an "Iran Freedom Concert" at Harvard University. The event was controversial within the Iranian community at the university. Two Ph.D students wrote in the Harvard Crimson: --Tom Griffin 14:27, 15 June 2010 (UTC)
Hi Melissa, nice to meet you.
How do I create a new category or delete an un-useful category?
- Category:Climate: Industry People
- Category:Climate: Government People]]
- Category:Climate: Government Policy]]
- Category:Climate: Carbon Trading]]
- Category:Climate: NGOs and Consumer Groups]]
- Category:Climate: Lobbyists and PR Consultants]]
are all new and come up red at the bottom of the pages they are on.
Any tips much appreciated. Couldn't find anything on help pages.
Thanks. xxx --Miriam Rose 12:05, 7 July 2010 (UTC) 10:25, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
add PR Week to Theo Bertram refs?
--David 13:55, 1 September 2010 (UTC)
oops, thought i did! thanks.
Globalisation pages info to be integrated
International Policy Network (partially done, plus original page needs sourcing)
Cato Institute people - (Globalisation:name) (Ivan Eland, Globalisation:Christopher Preble,
Globalisation: EU Platform for Action on Diet, Physical Activity & Health (extensive info, some useful including docs/images for integration) Junkscience/ Steve Milloy: lots of useful info/needs much editing Heartland Institute - some useful info, needs editing.
Max Beloff Page
Hi Melissa, I don't think I added that ref. I have changed the format so that it is just a normal ref, does that solve the problem?
Pages needing work/expanding
- Westminster Health Forum/Food and Nutrition Forum
- Men's Health Forum - needs updating re All-Party Parliamentary group/members
- Evelyn de Rothschild (refs, rewriting, updating)
- Martin Indyk and Saban Center (JR working on this)
- Peter Housden (needs update, referencing)
- Cato Institute (needs update, new style referencing)
- Cultural Survival (reinstate, edit, update)
- Jack DuVall (restor, edit, update)
- Billy Tauzin (a bit more updating)
- DTN (restore/edit, update)
- Marshall Institute (new-style referencing)
- Astroturf page - needs expanding, more examples.
- Nigel Lawson -expand/accounts.
- Balfour Beatty - needs update/clean up
- BAE Systems - needs substantive update and old style referencing replaced
- The Portland Trust - expand/accounts
- Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (referencing style needs updating)
- SABMiller -notes/plus involvement in new government deal
Plus review/delete/update priority pages at: http://www.powerbase.info/index.php?title=Powerbase:Priority_profiles
Mining & Metals (liaise with Miriam) Climate change - page on IPCC report
Climate change sceptics - needs updating (sceptic briefing)
Globalisation project early 2010 pages to be reviewed/integrated where useful
Project 1: Climate Sceptics
Globalisation:JunkScience | Globalisation: Heartland Institute| Globalisation:Statistical Assessment Service ||
Project 2: Property and environment
Project 3: UK COP lobbies
- Globalisation: UK COP lobbies Introduction
- Globalisation: Shell Foundation
- Globalisation: E3G (Third Generation Energy)
- Globalisation: UK Business Council for Sustainable Energy
- Globalisation: International Energy Agency
- Globalisation: UK COP lobbies - Conclusion
Project 4: Westminster forum Projects
Globalisation: Westminster Forum Projects This is the introduction to the project.
- Globalisation: Westminster Diet and Health Forum - What does it do? How is it related to the Globalisation: Whitehouse Consultancy Ltd
- How are the Globalisation: Associate Parliamentary Health Group and Globalisation: Policy Connect related?
Project 5: Obesity groups
- Globalisation: Obesity Project
- Globalisation: International Obesity Taskforce - Is it a Front Group?
- Globalisation: International Life Sciences Institute
Project 6: Food policy
- Globalisation: Change4Life and Globalisation: Business4Life how do they work?
- Globalisation: Health 4 Schools
- Globalisation: British Nutrition Foundation
Project 7: Advertising to kids
- Globalisation: MediaSmart--
- Globalisation: Food Advertising Unit--
- Globalisation: Advertising Education Forum--
Project 8: Global Food and Health policy
- Globalisation: Global Food and Health Policy
- Globalisation: European Commission, Diet and Nutrition
- Globalisation: EU Platform for Action on Diet, Physical Activity & Health
- Globalisation:European Commission, Diet and Nutrition: Industry Role
Project 9: Alcohol Industry and UK policy
- Globalisation: Alcohol Industry and UK Policy
- Globalisation: All-Party Parliamentary Beer Group
- Globalisation: All-Party Parliamentary Scotch Whisky and Spirits Group
- Globalisation: Scotch Whisky Association
- Globalisation: Diageo and Minimum Pricing--Dean Hickey 10:38, 2 February 2010 (UTC)
- Globalisation: Think Tank involvement in Minimum Pricing Debate
- Globalisation: Minimum Pricing and EU Law
- Globalisation: Wine and Spirit Trade Association
- Globalisation: WSTA, SWA and Diageo relations
- Globalisation: Conclusion
Project 10: Alcohol Industry and EU policy
- Globalisation: Alcohol Industry and EU Policy
- Globalisation: European Alcohol and Health Forum--
- Globalisation: European Sponsorship Association--
- Globalisation: European Association of Communication Agencies--
- Globalisation:European Forum for Responsible Drinking--
Project 11: Alcohol Industry and African policy
- Globalisation: Alcohol Industry and African policy
- Globalisation: International Center for Alcohol Policies--[
- Globalisation: World Trade Organisation (GATS)--
- Globalisation: SABMiller--
- Globalisation: Diageo--
- Globalisation: Alcohol Industry and African policy: Conclusion
- Bakke & Endel (2009) Drinks industry supplanting government role in Sub-Saharan Africa, The multinational drinks industry has made attempts to take control over alcohol policy formulation in a number of African countries: http://www.add-resources.org/drinks-industry-supplanting-government-role-in-sub-saharan-africa.4665460-76188.html
- Bakke & Endel (2008) Vested Interests in Addiction Research and Policy: Alcohol policies out of context: drinks industry supplanting government role in alcohol policies in sub-Saharan Africa: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/fulltext/123212890/HTMLSTART?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0
- Dag Endel (2006) WTO/GATS negotiations and alcohol policy From, Global ALcohol Policy Alliance: http://www.ias.org.uk/resources/publications/theglobe/globe200603/gl200603_p12.html
- Dag Endel (2009) Update on WTO negotiations and alcohol policy: http://www.add-resources.org/update-on-wto-negotiations-and-alcohol-policy.4647639-76188.html
Project 12: Information Operations
- Globalisation: Information Operations
- Globalisation: Information Operations Task Force
- Globalisation: Defence Media Operations Centre--
- Globalisation: The Defence Communication Strategy
- Globalisation: 15 (UK) Psychological Operations Group
the FoE links arent working any more - apparently they've removed the related documents. the references are correct (double-checked). i thought that's why we had the last access dates on, in case they removed the pages. do you think it's a problem?
barch (your signature seems to be working fine but mine isn't it seems)
I haven't been able to find the documents online, but I could always try to contact someone from FoE and ask. Even then, it would take a lot of time to change all the references to the new ones. On the other hand, it might still be handy to know where they are, in case anyone else would like to use the information.
re: category caps MEP DE GRÜNE
I used the caps for categories as we do with "MEP" and country abbreviation as "DE", and the party abbreviations as the EP website itself refers to them. And it sort of makes more sense to capitalise them as they can be confused with the full name as in "Die Grünen", which abbreviates to "Grüne" - which is not grammatically correct, hence the capitalised form "GRÜNE".
What do u think?
PS: My signature seems to be working now.
--Barçın Uluışık 12:14, 7 December 2010 (UTC)
University of Surrey
I have fixed the University of Surrey hyperlink and it now works.
I have added the questions to the University of Salford and changed the weird symbols on Nottingham Trent, they were simple - dashes. Ill keep an eye on the weird symbols.
David Simon page
Hi Melissa! Happy new year to you, too!
I have moved the page to the full name (David Alec Gwyn Simon) - for the sake of being correct and using full names - and redirected the old one to the full name. Page history remains under David Simon in case you need it. Probably I should only have created the page with the full name and redirected it to the old one if you think it's better?
--Barçın Uluışık 14:20, 4 January 2011 (UTC)
oh, i seem to have completely forgotten about that function! information noted and page reinstalled! i just cannot move the page to the name to David Alec Gwyn Simon because it already exists. could you please delete that page so i can move the David Simon page there? sorry for the trouble :s
--Barçın Uluışık 14:50, 4 January 2011 (UTC)
Kings College page
Hi Melissa, unfortunately they supplied us with a duff hyperlink. Ill try and find a good one on their website, in the meantime I'll add a note to the text.
No, only redirect to 'and' Viewing prob also in Firefox on a Mac --David Miller 09:19, 12 April 2011 (BST)
Hi Melissa, I don't use a template. I must have just copied affilitations from another page and not noticed, then repeated the error as I created more pages. I've fixed them all now but I can't help with the affilitations embed as I don't use templates. I must have copied it from a page I was editing though.
Excerpta's series of 'Australasian Journals',
Australasian Journal of Hospital Medicine (2000-2001) Australasian Journal of General Practice (200?-05) Australasian Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine (2000-2001) Australasian Journal of General Practice Australasian Journal of Cardiology (2002-) Australasian Journal of Clinical Pharmacy Australasian Journal of Clinical Practice Australasian Journal of Musculoskeletal Medicine (2002) Australasian Journal of Neurology
Good spot, thanks. I will fix it and reload.
Yes, so the thing to do I guess is:
- delete it
- put it at the top on the right and make it smaller.
--David Miller 18:56, 18 October 2011 (BST)
Adding a table?
Hiya. Want to add a word doc table to European Aluminium Association page in lightweighting cars section and can't work it out (as you can see currently a mess). Any ideas? Will email it to you in a doc in case you can sort it easily.
Will have article on EAA for Spinwatch by end of Feb.
--Miriam Rose 18:51, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
Have created a proper page for him. Can we delete this old one? http://www.powerbase.info/index.php/Globalisation:Ernesto_Zedillo_Ponce_de_Leon ?? --Miriam Rose 16:37, 20 February 2012 (UTC)
Will do now. Thanks for the tip off. Updating all MM pages over next days.--Miriam Rose 22:26, 20 February 2012 (UTC)
re Dynamic Article code issue
It seems Banking Group is the new TSB Group. Do you think we should update and transfer the content on TSB page to Banking page and redirect Lloyds TSB Group-->Lloyds Banking Group? --Barçın Uluışık (talk) 17:41, 14 October 2012 (CEST)