Arup is a global firm of planners, designers, engineers and business consultants established in 1946 with over 10,000 employees working in more than 37 countries as of 2012.
Arup has much experience of nuclear projects. In the UK, Arup was named in July 2011 as the lead planning consultant for a new nuclear generation project in West Cumbria, England, which is being led by NuGen. Other nuclear activities in the UK have included a partnership with Sedgemoor District Council and West Somerset Council to evaluate technical proposals for proposed nuclear new build by EDF Energy at Hinkley Point C, and as lead consultant and design coordinator for the Trawsfynydd Intermediate Level Waste store, the first of its kind in the UK. According to the company's website:
- Nuclear energy makes great demands on the safety and endurance of infrastructure solutions. For more than 30 years, Arup has matched its high-end skills to those involved requirements.
- Our work, for operators including RWE Npower and BKW FMB Energie AG, covers each stage of the fuel cycle. It encompasses policy advice, design and development of new facilities, operation, decommissioning and clean up.
- We bring advanced expertise to issues of earthquake resilience, contaminated land and groundwater remediation. In waste packaging, transportation, interim storage and long-term repository design, Arup’s research capacity and leadership in building physics and geotechnics underpin dependable solutions.
Lobbying and PR firms
- Nuclear Development Forum
- Nuclear Industry Association
- All-Party Parliamentary China Group - gave £5000 
Contact, Resources and Notes
- Arup, Nuclear energy, undated, accessed 22 June 2012
- APPC Register Entry for 1 September 2010 to 30 November 2010
- House of Commons, REGISTER OF ALL-PARTY GROUPS (As at 23 December 2011)