Presence Switzerland is part of the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA), and "responsible for presenting and fostering a positive image of Switzerland and for implementing the Federal Council’s strategy on Switzerland’s communication abroad".
According to the FDFA's website:
- The statutory tasks of Switzerland’s communication abroad are to promote Switzerland’s visibility, clarify to the foreign public Switzerland’s political concerns and positions, as well as create and further develop Switzerland’s network of decision-makers and opinion-leaders in other countries.
- Presence Switzerland fulfils its remit through carrying out projects abroad, organising visits by foreign decision-makers and opinion-leaders to Switzerland, developing and distributing information material about Switzerland abroad, and stage-managing Switzerland’s appearance at major international events such as world expos (Swiss Pavilion) and the Olympic Games (House of Switzerland). The basis of all Presence Switzerland’s communication activities abroad is “Brand Switzerland” through which the main messages as well as Switzerland’s visual profile abroad are determined.
- On 3 September 2008, the Federal Council assigned new tasks to the FDFA (specifically Presence Switzerland) to deal with threats to its image. In the event of Switzerland’s reputation abroad coming under serious threat or of an actual image crisis, the FDFA is required to submit a communication concept to the Federal Council. In collaboration with representations abroad, Presence Switzerland bases its communication concept on strengthened monitoring and analyses of reports both about Switzerland and issues relevant to Switzerland in the foreign media (“Issues Monitoring”). 
- Weber Shandwick - in 2012 won the brief to promote Switzerland's official guesthouse at the 2012 London Olympic Games, which is reportedly worth £100,000.
- Fleishman-Hillard - 2010
- Ogilvy PR - 2008
- Presence Switzerland, Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA), accessed 18 May 2012
- John Owens, Weber Shandwick scoops Swiss brief as Olympic countdown continues, prweek.com, Monday, 16 January 2012, accessed 18 May 2012