- Barclays - Outgoing group chairman
- BBC - Non-executive board director, will leave his position in November when his term expires, the corporation has announced.
- Bilderberg - Steering committee member
- British Bankers Association - UK banking lobby group that is also responsible for setting LIBOR - Agius was chairman until he tendered his resignation on 2 July 2012 in the wake of the LIBOR fixing scandal. 
- Josephine Moulds, Marcus Agius: old-fashioned banker who was proud of Barclays' culture, guardian.co.uk, 2 July 2012.
- Marcus Agius, About Us, Barclays, accessed 13 May 2010.
- Jill Treanor, Barclays chairman Marcus Agius resigns over rate-rigging scandal, guardian.co.uk, 2 July 2012.
- governance, bilderbergmeetings.org, accessed 2 July 2012.
- Marcus Agius tenders resignation as BBA chairman, Telegraph, 2 July 2012