Chris Savage is a former Director of government relations and political consultancy Foresight Consulting, where his clients included EADS/Airbus, Parsons Brinckerhoff, BT and the Nuclear Industry Association. 
Since 2010 Savage has been a Director of Vanbrugh Consulting, a project development consultancy working in the power and transport sectors. This has included acting as a senior adviser to the Programme Management Board of the UK Nuclear Industry Association, focusing on delivery of the UK's nuclear new build programme. In a separate role, he acts as the NIA's Project Manager - Programme Management and Capability. 
In a 2001 letter to Martin Summers - UK Public Affairs Manager at British American Tobacco - Stephen Doherty stated, "[t]his structure does not of course preclude your drawing in other expertise from the wider Shandwick team as and when it may be required. For example, Chris Savage's knowledge of the Trade Union movement and its influence within the Labour Party is second to none."
- LinkedIn, Chris Savage, accessed 22 Feb 2010
- Chris Savage profile, LinkedIn website, accessed 8 May 2012
- PRWeek, STOP PRESS: Savage moves from PPU to Shandwick, accessed 22 Feb 2010
- Doherty, S., UK Public Affairs Support, British American Tobacco Archives, 22 Jan 2001, accessed 23 Feb 2010
- British American Tobacco, SHANDWICK AND BAT: PROJECT SUNRISE, accessed 25 Feb 2010