Central Intelligence Agency
The Central Intelligence Agency is the US government overseas intelligence agency.
Directors of Central Intelligence
- Sidney Souers - 1946
- Hoyt Sanford Vandenberg - 1946-7
- Roscoe Henry Hillenkoetter - 1947-50
- Walter Bedell Smith - 1950-53
- Allen Dulles - 1953-61
- John McCone - 1961-65
- William Francis Raborn, Jr. - 1965-66
- Richard Helms - 1966-73
- James Schlesinger - 1973
- William Colby - 1973-6
- George Herbert Walker Bush - 1976-7
- Stansfield Turner - 1977-81
- William Casey - 1981-87
- William H. Webster - 1987-91
- Robert Gates - 1991-3
- James Woolsey - 1993-5
- John M. Deutch - 1995-6
- George Tenet - 1997-2004
- Porter Goss - 2004-5 
Following passage of the Intelligence Reform and Terrorist Prevention Act of 2004 the Director of Central Intelligence was replaced as head of the US Intelligence community by a Director of National Intelligence outside the CIA. 
Directors of the Central Intelligence Agency
- Porter Goss - 2005-6
- Michael Hayden - 2006-2009
- Leon E. Panetta 2009-2011
- David Petraeus 2011-2012
- John O. Brennan 2013-
Whistleblowers and former agents
- Philip Agee—Former CIA employee (1957-1968), CIA critic, and author of Inside the Company: CIA Diary (1975).
- Robert Baer
- A.B. "Buzzy" Krongard
- Mary O. McCarthy
- Ralph McGehee
- Victor Marchetti
- Lindsay Moran
- David MacMichael—ten-year US Marine Corpt vet and former Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) analyst. Resigned from CIA in protest.
- Ray McGovern—Retired CIA analyst who had been in charge of preparing daily security briefs for President Ronald Reagan, later a political activist and CIA critic.
- L. Fletcher Prouty
- Frank Snepp
- John Stockwell
- Theodore Shackley—former CIA agent involved with the Phoenix Program
- Tyler Drumheller - former head of covert operations in Europe.
The CIA has four main components:
- The Directorate of Intelligence
- The National Clandestine Service
- The Directorate of Science & Technology
- The Directorate of Support
National Clandestine Service
- Western Hemisphere Division later the Latin American Division.
- Western Europe Division later the European Division.
- Soviet-East Europe Division later the Central Eurasia Division
- Near East and South Asia Division
- Africa Division
- Originally the Far East Division, later the East Asia Division
- CIA Media Operations in Chile, Jamaica, and Nicaragua
- CIA operations in Angola
- Congress for Cultural Freedom
- Forum World Features
- Forum News Service
- Kern House Enterprises
- Operation Mockingbird
- Central Intell Agency - Blog on CIA personnel.
- Chronology of CIA's Senior Management Structure, 1991, Federation of American Scientists.
- C.J. Chivers and Eric Schmitt, Arms Airlift to Syria Rebels Expands, With Aid From C.I.A., New York Times, 24 March 2013.
- Mark Mazetti, A Secret Deal on Drones, Sealed in Blood, New York Times, 6 April 2013.
- Directors of Central Intelligence - Central Intelligence Agency, accessed 27 February 2008.
- From Director of Central Intelligence to Director of National Intelligence, National Security Archive Electronic Briefing Book No. 144, edited by Jeffrey T. Richelson, December 17, 2004, accessed 27 February 2008.
- Leadership - Central Intelligence Agency, accessed 27 February 2008.
- David H. Petraeus, Central Intelligence Agency, accessed 18 April 2012.
- John O. Brennan, Central Intelligence Agency, accessed 27 March 2013.
- Michael J. Morell, Central Intelligence Agency, accessed 27 March 2013.
- Offices of CIA, CIA, accessed 15 March 2010.
- CIA Celebrates 60 Years, CIA, 15 March 2010.