- The Bohemian Grove is a 2,700-acre virgin redwood grove in Northern California, 75 miles north of San Francisco (map), where the rich, the powerful, and their entourage visit with each other during the last two weeks of July while camping out in cabins and tents.
- It's an Elks Club for the rich; a fraternity party in the woods; a boy scout camp for old guys, complete with an initiation ceremony and a totem animal, the owl. It's owned by the Bohemian Club, which was founded in San Francisco in 1872. The Bohemians started going on their little retreat shortly after the club was founded; it became big-time by the 1880s, and it continues today.
- ^ G. William Domhoff, 'Social Cohesion & the Bohemian Grove:The Power Elite at Summer Camp'
- Alexander Cockburn, Meet the Secret Rulers of the World:The Truth About The Bohemian Grove, Counterpunch, 19 June 2001
- Alexander Cockburn, "We Remember Thee, Oh Sian": Love Song of the Bohemian Grove, Counterpunch, 14-15 July 2007