Benador Associates was a Public Relations firm based in Washington and New York that promotes right wing writers and speakers. The firm was founded in the wake of the 9-11 attacks on New York and was "intellectually conceived and financially funded exclusively by Eliana Benador".
Investigative journalist Jim Lobe describes Benador as follows:
- When historians look back on the United States war in Iraq, they will almost certainly be struck by how a small group of mainly neo-conservative analysts and activists outside the administration were able to shape the US media debate in ways that made the drive to war so much easier than it might have been… But historians would be negligent if they ignored the day-to-day work of one person who, as much as anyone outside the administration, made their media ubiquity possible. Meet Eleana Benador, the Peruvian-born publicist for Perle, Woolsey, Michael Ledeen, Frank Gaffney and a dozen other prominent neo-conservatives whose hawkish opinions proved very hard to avoid for anyone who watched news talk shows or read the op-ed pages of major newspapers over the past 20 months.
The firm changed it's name in late 2007 to Benador Public Relations and the previous Benador Associates site is now closed down. There is a marked shift in the content of the new company away from the promotion of neoconservative politics and towards finance and real estate.
While operating as Benador Associates the firm advertised prominent experts like James Woolsey, A.M. Rosenthal, Richard Perle, Amir Taheri, Kanan Makiya and Saad Eddin Ibrahim. They advertised their sevices by saying "Each of our experts is nationally and internationally recognized on issues of the Middle East and national security. Frank Gaffney has also appeared at Benador events.
Ali Al-Ahmed | Ali Ahmed Al-Baghli | Nir Boms | Arnaud de Borchgrave | Helle Merete Brix | Ismail Cem Leon Charney | Ariel Cohen | Gordon Cucullu | Saad Eddin Ibrahim | Rachel Ehrenfeld | John Eibner | Hillel Fradkin | David Gelernter | Dr. Stephen Gullo | Michel Gurfinkiel | Alexander M Haig, Jr. | | Victor Davis Hanson | Lars Hedegaard | Fereydoun Hoveyda | Mansoor Ijaz | Raphael Israeli | Charles Jacobs | George Jonas | Stanley H. Kaplan | Efraim Karsh | Charles Krauthammer | Herbert I London | Norman Lamont | Kanan Makiya | Paul Marshall | Andrew C McCarthy | Michael Meyer | Hassan Mneimneh | Laurie Mylroie | Ayman Nour | John O'Sullivan | Salameh Nematt | Richard Perle | Walid Phares | Richard Pipes | Dennis Prager David Pryce-Jones | Tom Rose | A.M. Rosenthal | Jano Rosebiani | Tashbih Sayyed | Natan Sharansky | Richard O Spertzel | Amir Taheri | Paul Vallely | James Woolsey | Meyrav Wurmser .
Resources, References and Contact
- Rightweb Eleana Benador
- Some information about Benador Associates is available (in French) here
- Laura Miller, "War is Sell," PR Watch, 4th Quarter 2002.
- Jim Lobe, "The Andean condor among the hawks," Asia Times, 15 August 2003.
- Brian Whitaker, "Conflict and catchphrases", The Guardian, February 24, 2003.
- Juan Cole, Psy-Ops and News, Informed Comment, 3 Dec. 2004.
- "Benador Reps Sharansky", O'Dwyers PR Daily, June 6, 2005.
- Jim Lobe, Iran Target of Apparent Disinformation Ploy, Inter Press Service, 22 May 2006.
- Internet Archive, Benador Associates, Home Page, Accessed via Web Archive 02-June-2009
- Jim Lobe, "The Andean condor among the hawks", Asia Times, 15 August 2003
- Benador Public Relations, Homepage, Benador PR, Accessed 02-June-2009
- Benador Associates, About Us, Web Archive, Accessed 02-June-2009
- Benador Associates, Experts, Web Archive, Accessed 02-June-2009