How do I do that?
Getting in touch
Information and resources for contributors
Powerbase is a free encyclopedia of people, issues, and groups shaping the public agenda that is being written collaboratively on this website. It catalogues descriptions and details of PR firms, activist groups and government agencies as well as the criticisms that are made of these groups from different perspectives.
Powerbase is a venture initiated by Spinwatch in collaboration with Lobbywatch, GMWatch Red Star Research and Corporate Watch, but put into effect by a wide variety of volunteers and independent researchers.
- General disclaimer
- Editorial Policy
- Getting involved
- Frequently asked questions
- Powerbase Corrections and Right of Reply
- First you need to register and log in. See How to Register as a User.
- To test out how wiki editing and formatting works, have a play in the Sandbox.
- Help with searching.
Read these first
Before contributing to Powerbase, authors are required to read and understand the following pages in the Help section:
Other pages in the Help section provide guidance on specific tasks such as uploading images, formatting, etc.
- Special:Categories - If you are wondering where to start, have a look through the articles indexed in the various categories
- Contributing – After registering, new contributors should read this
- Help page – How to edit articles and more
- Recent changes – See the articles that Powerbase contributors are working on with the most recent changes listed first
- New articles
More advanced features
- How to upload images
- Random article
- Request an article or information
- Fix a stub A stub is the small starting kernel for an article. So if you are looking for somewhere to start it is worth having a look here.
Errors and complaints
Editorial structure of Powerbase
Managing Editor = Melissa Jones with responsibility for day to day editorial overviews of the site and for gardening and maintaining the structure as well as complaints about inaccuracies. Email: melissa.jones AT Powerbase.info
Sysop = David Miller with ultimate editorial responsibility for content and for banning users and freezing pages. Email: sysop AT spinwatch.org
Webmaster = Bill Stevens with responsibility for technical issues
Portal/Category editors = responsible for upkeep of their main portal page and the categorisation and structure of the categories associated with the portal. Portal editors will also be the first port of call for queries about their portal and will deal with disputes, etc. as a first line of editorial control. If the problem is not resolved at this stage, then the managing editor and finally the sysop can be consulted.
- Alcohol = Claire Harkins
- Lobbying = Tamasin Cave
- Propaganda = David Miller
- Terror Experts = Tom Mills
- Spooks = Tom Griffin
- Northern Ireland = Tom Griffin
- Neocons = Tom Griffin
- Israel Lobby = Idrees Ahmad
- Climate = Andy Rowell
- Nuclear = Andy Rowell
- Scotland = Will Dinan
- GM = Claire Robinson
- MEPedia = Will Dinan and Barcin Uluisik
- Water = Tommy Kane and Kyle Mitchell