Thomas L. Friedman is a columnist for the New York Times and an author of various books, on Globalization and the Israel-Palestine conflict. He is a staunch advocate of Free Trade policies, neo-liberal economics, Israeli suppression of Palestinians, suppression of dissent at home, and the Iraq war.
- Mark Rupert, "The Anti-Thomas Friedman page", April 2002.
- Shahid Alam, Answering Thomas Friedman, CounterPunch, April 3, 2002.
- John Paul Jones "Manufacturing the News: a report on Thomas Friedman", Opinion Editorials, Al-Jazeerah.info, December 4, 2002. (Note: Aljazeerah.info is a different entity from Aljazeerah.com. This column was originally published on Yellow Times but the site is now defunct).
- Kathleen Christison, There He Goes Again: Friedman Bashes Palestinians, CounterPunch, September 3, 2002.
- Shahid Alam, "Illuminating Thomas Friedman," CounterPunch, June 18, 2003. Discusses Friedman's Zionist compatible re-interpretaion in his column, and how these obfuscate the issues discussed. SA: "In a recent television interview with Charlie Rose-published in the Forward of June 6, 2003-Friedman confesses that "Israel was central to my life as it was to all my friends." He was reminiscing about his years in high school. ‘Today,’ he laments, 'I'm probably the only one of my friends who is still emotionally involved in Israel.' Now, I would not have mentioned this if Friedman were not America's journalistic sage on Arabs and Muslims. However, since he is, isn't this confession pertinent to his sermons on the Middle East: and isn't it illuminating?".
- Kathleen Christison, "Why I Liked Thomas Friedman's Latest Column Before I Didn't," CounterPunch, October 26, 2004. Discusses a specific Friedman article. KC: "I read two articles on Sunday that made quite an impact. The first was a Thomas Friedman column. Reading Friedman is always an interesting, usually an angering, experience. This one didn't anger me right off the bat, but his thesis disturbed me".
- Greg Palast, "French Fried Friedman", ZNet, June 5, 2005.
- M. Shahid Alam, Did Thomas Friedman Flunk History?, Counterpunch, July 18, 2005
- Evan Derkacz, "Tom Friedman's Faith-based Free Trade-ism. He can't be bothered to actually 'read' what he writes about," AlterNet, July 24, 2006.
- Matt Taibbi, "Flathead: The peculiar genius of Thomas L. Friedman" New York Press, Volume 18, Issue 16, April 27, 2005.