In January 2008, Chesler wrote a supportive article about British blogger Paul Ray after he was accused of inciting racial hatred. Chesler wrote an update to the article, after Ray's pro-BNP views were made known to her.
- I myself no longer demand purity or conformity in my political alliances. I think we are at war and we must make alliances with people with whom we may not agree on every issue. However, others believe that there are some people who, no matter what, are “off-limits” where civilized political and military alliances are concerned.
According to Richard Bartholomew, Chesler repudiated Ray in a subsequent update. The original post is no longer online and this version does not appear to have been archived.
Chesler hosted a party for Alan Johnson and Democratiya in June 2008. Also present were Michael Weiss, Sol Stern, Ruthie Stern, Paul Berman, Fred Siegel, Jan Rosenberg, Nahma Sandrow, Bill Meyers, Ibn Warraq and Austin Dacey.
- Euston Manifesto United States - Signatory
- The Collapse of Europe Conference - Panelist
- Scholars for Peace in the Middle East - Board of Directors
- FrontPage Magazine - Contributor
- Center for Security Policy - Contributor to CSP front group Family Security Matters
- A Profile in Courage: An Interview with "Lionheart," The British Blogger in Hiding, by Phyllis Chesler, Chesler Chronicles, Pajamas Media, 9 January 2008.
- Richard Bartholomew, Conservatives Ditch Lionheart, Bartholemew's Notes on Religion, 15 January 2008.
- A Glittering Gathering At My Home For Alan Johnson and Democratiya, by Phyllis Chesler, Chesler Chronicles, Pajamas Media, 30 June 2008.