Patrick Barbour is a trustee of Civitas, and was one of the three founders of Reform. He is also the author of the position paper for the Taxpayers Alliance's 'Better Government Campaign' where he argued that 'We need serious structural reform of Government'. Barbour has also made donations to the Stockholm Network and is a business supporter of Global Vision. He is a trustee of the Politics and Economics Research Trust which is the research wing of the Taxpayers' Alliance.
According to his profile on the Young Britons' Foundation website Barbour spent 40 years building the companies Barbour Index Plc and Microgen Plc. He is also a founding director of Barbour Logic. He sold Barbour Index for £22 million in 1999.
Barbour has been politically active on the Eurosceptic right of the Conservative Party since at least the early nineties when he helped to fund the Bruges Group. In 2010 the Sunday Times reported that Barbour had made donations to UKIP through Global Britain. In March 2011 Barbour co-signed a letter entitled HS2 Cannot be Justified arguing against the proposed HS2 high speed rail line.
Civitas | Stockholm Network | Global Vision | Reform | Politics and Economics Research Trust | Taxpayers' Alliance | Young Britons' Foundation | UKIP | Bruges Group | Global Britain | HS2 Cannot be Justified | Conservative Party
- Lucy Granville, Mini’s and mini skirts: Barbour Index was a job for an independent woman in the 1960′s], LucyGranville.com, 8-September-2010, Accessed 13-April-2011
- Gabriel Milland, Politicians can't make our lives better say voters, Daily Express, 30-January-2007
- Patrick Barbour, Patrick Barbour: Political management has failed the victims of C-Diff, Conservative Home, 18-October-2007
- Stockholm Network, Annual Report 2006-07, ISSU, Accessed 20-April-2010
- Stockholm Network, Annual Report 2007-08, ISSU, Accessed 20-April-2010
- Global Vision Support from Business, accessed 18 November 2010
- Politics & Economics Research Trust, Charity Commission Report, Charity Commission, Accessed 13-April-2011
- Patrick Barbour, YBF7 Speaker: Patrick Barbour, Young Britons' Foundation, Accessed 13-April-2011
- Barbour Logic, Founding Directors, Barbour Logic, Accessed 13-April-2011
- The Independent, Barbour Index founder's pounds 22m, the Independent, 13-March-1999
- Patrick Robertson, The patriotic 'pipsqueak' of Bruges, The Sunday Times, 16-June-1991
- Solvej Krause; Daniel Foggo; Claire Newell, There's more than one way to hide a donor, The Sunday Times, 4-April-2010