Parliamentary Monitoring Services Ltd
Parliamentary Monitoring Services Ltd is a lobbying firm based in Westminster. According to its website it 'is an independent company dedicated to attaining and delivering the highest standards in monitoring, research, intelligence and publishing.' 
Longtime Westminster lobbyist Douglas Smith is the director of the firm. Its website appeared soon after Political Intelligence Ltd's stopped being updated, and may has links with Westminster Advisers Ltd also run by Douglas Smith
It publishes bullettins and books in addition to its main activity 'monitoring and research services on a confidential basis to public relations and public affairs consultancies, companies, charities, trade associations, QUANGOs and diplomatic missions. These organisations rely on the service to provide fast and accurate information in order to keep them at the forefront of their respective fields.'
It monitors information including '
- The Vote Bundle
- The Lords Minute
- Hansard (Commons and Lords)
- Weekly Information Bulletin
- The Stationery Office Daily List
- COI Daily Lists - mid-day and evening
- Commons and Lords Weekly Committee Agendas
- Select Committee press releases
- Government Department and Executive Agency Press Releases
- Party Press Releases (Conservative, Labour, Liberal Democrats, Plaid Cymru, SNP)
- Other press releases (QUANGOS, pressure groups, think tanks, trades unions etc)', that match parameters given to it by its clients. Their rate for bespoke research is £60/hour.
- The company started in 1979 as a division of the Media Information Group. In 1984 it became an independent limited company, and in 1989 it bought the Parliamentary & EEC News Service. In 1991 it formed its own publishing division, PMS Publications.
- Monitoring services cover Westminster and Whitehall, the Scottish Parliament and Welsh and Northern Ireland Assemblies, and the European Union. Information is provided through our political portal, the Political Wizard.
Services for APPGs
It provides services for four All Party Parliamentary Groups - the Built Environment All Party Parliamentary Group, the Export All Party Parliamentary Group, the Transport Forum All Party Parliamentary Group, and the Fire Safety All Party Parliamentary Group.
- PMS Publications
- 19 Douglas Street, London SW1P 4PA
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7233 8283 Fax: +44 (0)20 7821 9352
From companies house
- PARLIAMENTARY MONITORING SERVICES LIMITED
- 19 DOUGLAS STREET
- SW1P 4PA
Company number: 01783278
No previous names