Institute of Physics
Professor Andrew Walker, FRSE Deputy Principal, Heriot-Watt University; Professor of Modern Optics, Heriot-Watt University. Fellowship Secretary, The Royal Society of Edinburgh. Formerly: Vice-President, The Royal Society of Edinburgh; Chairman of the Institute of Physics Scottish Branch. |
The Institute runs a 'Business Affiliates network' which is markets as providing the following 'privileges' for business:
- Share our visions: Be identified with the Institute's initiatives in support of industry...
- Power to influence: Advise the Institute on industry focus and policy, and input to Institute publications. Also, extend your power to influence, for example, through the Institute's submissions to government.
- Recruitment advantages: Gain access to the Institute's job search services...
- Networking opportunities: Receive invitations to our industry-relevant events and meetings, and those held jointly with other industry and technology networks.
- Exclusive access: Claim complimentary places at our biannual Key Insight Business Briefings, which attract high-profile speakers and participants from business, government and finance. ...
- Special invitations: Take your place at the Institute's prestigious black-tie Awards Dinner each spring. Business affiliates may book tables - perfect for corporate entertaining of clients or staff.
- Information updates: Get regular information updates and copies of reports, keeping business affiliates informed about relevant developments in government policy, support initiatives and other activities.
- Hot links & prominence: Benefit from a complimentary hot link from the Institute's website.
- Sponsorship priority: Business affiliates are given advance notice and priority for sponsorship opportunities across the Institute's activities and initiatives.
Current members of the Business Affiliates Network
Commercial and Research Organisations
AMEC NNC Ltd | Arup Project Management | AWE plc | BAE Systems | BNFL | BP plc | Cambridge Consultants Ltd | Cambridge Display Technology Ltd | Deloitte & Touche LLP | GE Healthcare (formerly Amersham) | GlaxoSmithKline | ICI plc | Kodak European Research | Magnox Electric plc | National Grid Transco | National Physical Laboratory | Oxford Instruments plc | QinetiQ | Rolls-Royce plc | Schlumberger Cambridge Research | Sharp Laboratories of Europe | Tesla Engineering Ltd | UKAEA Fusion | Unilever
Public Sector Organisations
Association of Industrial Laser Users (AILU) | BBC | CCLRC | Department for Transport | DTI Global Watch Service | EPSRC | Home Office Scientific Development Branch | Institute of Cancer Research Enterprise Unit | London Development Agency | National Microelectronics Institute | PPARC | Radiological Protection Institute of Ireland | SPIE Europe
Beacon Solutions Ltd | BOS Consulting Engineers Ltd | Cambridge Knowledge Transfer | Fine R and D Ltd | GiGa Concept, Inc (Canada) | Kogan Communications Ltd | LRB Consultants | Pascal Technologies, Inc (US) | SES Technology | Starpoint Adaptive Optics Ltd | StratoCirrus Technologies | Technopreneur Ltd | Trackdale Ltd | UniRecovery Ltd | Vacuum Systems - Microanalysis
Ablewisp Ltd | ADPhil Ltd | Akubio Ltd | Andor Technology | Anthem Corporate Finance Ltd | ASCOL - Academic Sciences Company | Barker Brettell | BHL Africa Technology (Malaysia) | Bioptica | Cambridge Ultrasonics Ltd | Cambustion Ltd | Crestport Services Ltd | Curtis+Cartwright | Digital Projection Ltd | Electrostatic Solutions Ltd | Eric Potter Clarkson LLP | Farfield Scientific Ltd | Geomerics Ltd | Infrared Integrated Systems Ltd (IRISYS) | Innos Ltd | Integrated Radiological Services Ltd | IRC Biomedical Materials | Ischus Ltd | Isis Innovation Ltd | Keithley Instruments | Kore Technology Ltd | Loughborough Surface Analysis Ltd | Michelson Diagnostics Ltd | NanoSight Ltd | Optical System Design | Optronic Laboratories, Inc. (US) | Oxley Developments Co Ltd | Oxonica | PANalytical | Panasonic Broadband Communications Development Laboratory | Psi-Tran Ltd | Pro Laser Consultants | QoSL Industrial & Technology Marketing | Quotec Ltd | RM Consultants | Sagentia | Seagate Technology R&D | Sensors and Instrumentation | Sirius Optics | Staplethorne Ltd | Technical Network Support Ltd | TeraView Ltd | Tessella Support Services plc | The Precise Group | Thermo Electron (Cambridge) | Thermo Electron Corporation (Radiation Measurement & Protection) | TMS Development International | UTEK Europe Ltd | Vectra Group Ltd | Venner Shipley LLP | WHM Consulting (Oxford) | Withers & Rogers LLP
- Institute of Physics Business Affiliates Network: Key Privileges for Affiliates, accessed 7 March 2009
- for a full list of the Institute's Business Affiliates Network see Business Affiliates Network: Member Companies, accessed 7 March 2009