Institute for Humane Studies
The Institute for Humane Studies (IHS) is a right-wing, libertarian, think tank based at George Mason Univ. IHS was created in 1961 by Baldy Harper, an economics professor at Cornell Univ. Today IHS mostly hands out grants/scholarships to libertarian students, provides grants or support to libertarian professionals in various fields, and sponsors seminars across the United States about libertarian economics.
- Nigel Ashford Senior Program Officer
References, Resources and Contact
- Institute for Humane Studies
- at George Mason University
- 3301 N. Fairfax Dr., Ste. 440
- Arlington VA 22201-4432
- t: 800.697.8799 (toll-free)
- fax: 703.993.4890
- Website: www.theihs.org
- Who We Are, Liberty Club (Accessed: 21 September 2007)
- The LSE Hayek Society mailed out a notice on 13 February 2008 indicating 14 seminars for students with "The cost of participation, housing, and meals is covered".