According to PR Week in October 2011:
- Hook moved to Interel after the 2010 general election, having been an assistant director in the Conservative Party's research department.
- At Conservative HQ, Hook managed the ‘briefing team’, responsible for briefing David Cameron and members of the shadow cabinet for high-profile media appearances.
- It is understood he will primarily advise Greening on policy. He is expected to take up the post immediately. 
- David Singleton Transport Secretary Justine Greening hires Interel consultant as special adviser, prweek.com, 24 October 2011
- APPC Register Entry for 1 June 2011 to 31 August 2011, acc 24 October 2011