Evan Harold Davis (born 8 April 1962) is a presenter on BBC Radio 4's Today programme. From 2001 to 2008 he was the BBC's Economics Editor, taking over from Peter Jay. It was a period during which the BBC consciously sought to develop more business friendly journalism.  Previously, he had worked on BBC Two's Newsnight programme from 1997 to 2001. Prior to working for the BBC, Evan had two spells as an economist at the Institute for Fiscal Studies. In 1998, 2001 and 2003 he won the Work Foundation's Broadcast Journalist of the Year Award.
- Social Market Foundation – Member of the Policy Advisory Board (from date tbc - present), has acted as its Company Secretary and written papers and reports 
- Newsnight – former Economics Editor
- Dragon's Den
References and Resources
- For further details see account on BBC page.
- BBC, Evan Davis: profile (Accessed: 20 October 2007)
- BBC, Dragon's Den (Accessed: 20 October 2007)
- The Guardian, The Social Market Foundation (Accessed: 20 October 2007; but reference to Davis has scrolled.)
- Evan Davis, speakers biography, undated (accessed 14 September 2010).